Philadelphia Stories Volunteer and Internship Job Descriptions
About Philadelphia Stories
Philadelphia Stories is a free literary magazine that publishes fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and art every quarter. Since 2004, Philadelphia Stories has cultivated a community of writers, artists, and readers in the Greater Philadelphia Area through publication, annual contests, networking events, and affordable educational programs. Learn more here.
Philadelphia Stories is an all-volunteer operation, so we rely on and value the time and expertise of our volunteers to support our mission. By becoming a Philadelphia Stories volunteer, you can add your publishing experiences to your resume, gain valuable insight into the world of publishing, and expand your professional network.
If you are interested in volunteering with Philadelphia Stories, please email Yalonda Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume and any relevant details about your experience. We especially encourage applicants from underrepresented groups and backgrounds to join our team.
Title: Communications Assistants – POSITION OPEN
Status: Part-time, up to 10 hours per week, 6-month minimum commitment, college credit option
Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Philadelphia Stories is looking for part-time communications assistants to develop promotional strategies and content to support the Philadelphia-area writing community and Philadelphia Stories events and contests through our social media channels and newsletter.
- Develop and create social media assets, including: developing appropriate messaging, graphics, videos, and memes
- Research relevant content to share across channels
- Plan, schedule, and organize posts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Provide administrative support, as needed
- Study social media trends and implement in a strategic plan
- Report to the Director of Communications.
- Studying or degree in public relations, communications, marketing, English, or multimedia
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Social media management
- Superior writing and editing skills—detail oriented
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Positive, friendly, upbeat attitude
- Must have a computer and internet access
- Driven and motivated to learn
- Experience using Canva, Buffer, and Constant Contact (or similar tools) a plus